The weather was gorgeous this weekend so I enjoyed a hike in the Eagles Nest Open Space near Fort Collins yesterday and a bike ride today. I also managed to finish my reduction cut of the apples. It was neat seeing the print develop as I added each new color. I was surprised by the final image because the apples didn’t really “pop out” until I added the final layer of black ink. Before that, I was wondering if I was on the right track with the print because it just looked like a bunch of nebulous blobs of color. This is a very fun technique, and I am looking forward to trying another reduction cut soon. However, it is time to get back to my multiple-plate Maroon Bells print for now, which is carved and ready to print. Stay tuned!
Here are some more step-by-step images of the apple print: